Careers & Volunteers
KCRW 89.9FM, licensed to Santa Monica College, is National Public Radio's flagship station for Southern California. The Santa Monica-based nonprofit represents cutting edge radio at its best, presenting an eclectic mix of independent music, news, talk and arts programming.
CAREERS AT KCRW
If you have a little extra time and a love of KCRW, you can be a KCRW volunteer!
Volunteer during our twice-yearly pledge drives answering phones and you’ll meet lots of other amazing KCRW listeners, eat tasty food, and have a great time. Sign up on the Pledge Drive Volunteer page.
You can also volunteer on an ongoing basis and see behind the scenes at your favorite station. Send a blank email to email@example.com and a volunteer application will be sent to you automatically.
Volunteer during our twice-yearly membership drives answering phones and taking donations. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- You’ll help KCRW raise the funds it needs to operate on a daily basis.
- Come meet amazing, like-minded people who enjoy KCRW as much as you do.
- Our volunteer buffet is known far and wide, so come dine on our dime!
- You’ll get to meet your favorite on-air personalities, but more importantly, they get to meet you.
If you’re interested in becoming a weekly volunteer, send a blank email to email@example.com for an application.
- Be the force that keeps KCRW’s wheels turning.
- Accomplish community service in a forward thinking environment.
- See how public media operates - get the inside scoop!
- Jump into a wide variety of jobs, from helping in the music library to using social media.
To join our well-oiled, tactical outdoor marketing experience, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Experience unique music / news / arts / cultural events throughout Southern California.
- If you’re excited about KCRW, help us spread the word through community outreach.
- Gain experience and knowledge of public media marketing.
- Make lasting personal and professional connections!
Email SMCintern@kcrw.org for an application. Current SMC students only.
- Did you know there’s a major radio station on campus? Come check us out and meet the people of KCRW.
- What is public media? Come find out how we tick!
- Gain valuable real world experience.
- This is an unpaid internship lasting a full semester (for credit or no credit).