Careers & Volunteers
KCRW 89.9FM, licensed to Santa Monica College, is National Public Radio's flagship station for Southern California. The Santa Monica-based nonprofit represents cutting edge radio at its best, presenting an eclectic mix of independent music, news, talk and arts programming.
The Controller will oversee day-to- day accounting functions for KCRW, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, budget, monthly reporting, bank reconciliations, audit and Form 990 related duties. This position will supervise 2 staff accountants and serve as a liaison with an outsourced CFO firm. This position reports to the CFO and Vice President of Operations.View full listing »
The Art Director (AD) will be the senior voice of visual branding for KCRW as we evolve from a beloved public radio station to a multi-platform media and culture club. AD will be responsible for elevating and refining the visual language of programs and events, digital advertising and newsletters, membership and merchandise.View full listing »
KCRW is looking for someone to guide and further the significant growth of our social platforms. As we’ve matured from beloved public radio station to a multi-platform media and culture hub, our social outreach is more vital than ever as a place for fans of independent music, news and culture to connect, share and learn about new events and ideas.View full listing »
The Human Resources Manager will own the entire employee experience providing the best workplace for our team, including recruiting top talent, research and support of benefits administration, managing employee relations and ensuring the company always remains in compliance. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Operations.
Help drive non-traditional revenue for the station by executing Sponsor events and activations. Manage and maintain Arts and Trade partnerships to help realize and maximize mutually-beneficial opportunities. In conjunction with other members of the operations team, enable our Account Executives to set more meetings, create more proposals, and generate more revenue for our station!
Create systems for growth and expansion that allow the Sponsorship team to reach their revenue and retention goals. Enable our Account Executives to set more meetings, create more proposals, and generate more revenue for our station by providing key customer service for our Sponsors.
If you have a little extra time and a love of KCRW, you can be a KCRW volunteer!
You can also volunteer on an ongoing basis and see behind the scenes at your favorite station. Send a blank email to email@example.com and a volunteer application will be sent to you automatically.
If you’re interested in becoming a weekly volunteer, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
- Be the force that keeps KCRW’s wheels turning.
- Accomplish community service in a forward thinking environment.
- See how public media operates - get the inside scoop!
- Jump into a wide variety of jobs, from helping in the music library to using social media.
From June to September, you will become KCRW's marketing arm to promote the station and foster community interaction. You will be on site at many of our free summer concerts and utilize social media, our blog, and other tools to expand the station’s reach. Learn to communicate effectively, build interpersonal skills, and develop projects based on your interest and aptitude. But most of all have a blast being part of the team!
To join our well-oiled, tactical outdoor marketing experience, email email@example.com.
- Experience unique music / news / arts / cultural events throughout Southern California.
- If you’re excited about KCRW, help us spread the word through community outreach.
- Gain experience and knowledge of public media marketing.
- Make lasting personal and professional connections!
Email SMCintern@kcrw.org for an application. Current SMC students only.
- Did you know there’s a major radio station on campus? Come check us out and meet the people of KCRW.
- What is public media? Come find out how we tick!
- Gain valuable real world experience.
- This is an unpaid internship lasting a full semester (for credit or no credit).
- Please submit your completed application one month before the start of the Spring or Fall Semesters
If you’re interested in becoming a weekly KCRW Santa Barbara news intern, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
- Learn to form a well focused story
- Practice writing for broadcast news
- Use audio equipment and editing software
- Hone career-building skills
If you’re interested in becoming a weekly volunteer, send a blank email to email@example.com for an application.
- Get real world marketing experience on the ground
- Work with and develop a dynamic group of friends and coworkers
- Learn what public media is about
- Utilize your expertise with marketing and social media