Careers & Volunteers
KCRW 89.9FM, licensed to Santa Monica College, is National Public Radio's flagship station for Southern California. The Santa Monica-based nonprofit represents cutting edge radio at its best, presenting an eclectic mix of independent music, news, talk and arts programming.
CAREERS AT KCRW
If you have a little extra time and a love of KCRW, you can be a KCRW volunteer!
Volunteer during our twice-yearly pledge drives answering phones and you’ll meet lots of other amazing KCRW listeners, eat tasty food, and have a great time. Sign up on the Pledge Drive Volunteer page.
You can also volunteer on an ongoing basis and see behind the scenes at your favorite station. Send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org and a volunteer application will be sent to you automatically.
Volunteer during our twice-yearly membership drives answering phones and taking donations. Email email@example.com for more information.
- You’ll help KCRW raise the funds it needs to operate on a daily basis.
- Come meet amazing, like-minded people who enjoy KCRW as much as you do.
- Our volunteer buffet is known far and wide, so come dine on our dime!
- You’ll get to meet your favorite on-air personalities, but more importantly, they get to meet you.
If you’re interested in becoming a weekly volunteer, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
- Be the force that keeps KCRW’s wheels turning.
- Accomplish community service in a forward thinking environment.
- See how public media operates - get the inside scoop!
- Jump into a wide variety of jobs, from helping in the music library to using social media.
From June to September, you will become KCRW's marketing arm to promote the station and foster community interaction. You will be on site at many of our free summer concerts and utilize social media, our blog, and other tools to expand the station’s reach. Learn to communicate effectively, build interpersonal skills, and develop projects based on your interest and aptitude. But most of all have a blast being part of the team!
To join our well-oiled, tactical outdoor marketing experience, email email@example.com.
- Experience unique music / news / arts / cultural events throughout Southern California.
- If you’re excited about KCRW, help us spread the word through community outreach.
- Gain experience and knowledge of public media marketing.
- Make lasting personal and professional connections!
Email SMCintern@kcrw.org for an application. Current SMC students only.
- Did you know there’s a major radio station on campus? Come check us out and meet the people of KCRW.
- What is public media? Come find out how we tick!
- Gain valuable real world experience.
- This is an unpaid internship lasting a full semester (for credit or no credit).
If you’re interested in becoming a weekly KCRW Santa Barbara news intern, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
- Learn to form a well focused story
- Practice writing for broadcast news
- Use audio equipment and editing software
- Hone career-building skills
If you’re interested in becoming a weekly volunteer, send a blank email to email@example.com for an application.
- Get real world marketing experience on the ground
- Work with and develop a dynamic group of friends and coworkers
- Learn what public media is about
- Utilize your expertise with marketing and social media