CAREERS AT KCRW
Do Work That Matters
Want to apply your skills and make a difference doing something you love? Want to put your talents to work and make an impact while working with a team of smart, creative, collaborative colleagues? Then this is a position you’ll want to explore!
Along with Market Enginuity sales professionals, our team of industry-leading management, marketing, talent development, systems and digital specialists define and institute a standard of excellence in corporate support for public media. We are adding a Digital Specialist-Sponsorships position to our California market team located in Santa Monica.
In this full time position, you will report directly to the Sponsorship Director and will be for responsible supporting the digital strategy for KCRW (National Public Radio). In this role you will work with the sales team to support digital revenue growth and build the foundation for long-term exponential growth. Your work will include:
- Working with management to further refine digital processes and systems that ensure all campaigns are accurately executed across various digital platforms (online, on-demand audio, podcasts, streaming audio & video, and mobile).
- Be the team’s “digital evangelist” that will help support the aggregate station digital sales goals by being a resource throughout the digital sales cycle.
- Growing the level of sophistication around digital marketing across the team.
Headquartered in Phoenix, with teams throughout the U.S., Market Enginuity is an innovative, growing company that supports public radio and television stations. We are committed to helping stations better serve their communities while helping sponsors grow their businesses. Join our team of public media enthusiasts and "do well, by doing good".
Your key responsibilities as our Digital Specialist-Sponsorships:
- Monitor performance of active campaigns against stated goals and recommend course correction for under/over delivery.
- Troubleshoot any creative or campaign issues that affect trafficking, implementation or reporting.
- Work with the Sponsorship Director and Digital Development Director to maintain and communicate a fluid rate structure for all digital assets.
- Support the Sponsorship Director in helping the team achieve the total digital revenue goals set for the station. This includes ensuring campaigns run as ordered, help Account Managers with RFP submissions and more.
- Provide field support including accompanying sellers in client meetings when technical assistance is needed.
- Oversight of Digital Ad Operations process. This includes establishing and implementing policies, processes in collaboration and partnership with ad operations partners and the Digital Development Director.
- Recommend appropriate impressions and product mix for proposals based on individual client needs.
- Work closely and collaborate with the station’s digital team to identify and recommend the most appropriate and effective ad units across all platforms.
- The incumbent will have a pulse of current happenings in digital marketing. He/she will keep the station informed and current on changes in the marketplace and demand for new digital offerings by educating digital team at station and making suggestions.
Do you have?
We are looking for a rock star to join our corporate team! If you have these skills, let’s get in touch:
- 2+ years digital marketing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree (Marketing, Communications or Business preferred) from an accredited four-year college or university
- Proven track record of success in supporting digital media sales activity. Knowledge and understanding of inventory management, pricing, forecasting, and account strategy/execution. Excellent ability to manage rates and packages. Understanding of advertising agency departments.
- Intellectual capacity and emotional intelligence to professionally interact on a peer level with C-Level marketing executives, Ad agency planning teams and executives, Digital Marketing experts, and business owners investing in digital marketing assets
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and account management software. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint are required as is CRM (Salesforce) and industry-related database software (ad trafficking/billing: Marketron, Wide Orbit), Research (Scarborough). Ability to work in advertising solutions including AdsWizz and DFP.
- Ability to establish objective and goals and be accountable for results. Ability to achieve or exceed multiple sales quotas and productivity targets.
- Strong writing, negotiation and presentation skills. Ability to overcome objections, competitive and self-starter. Creative, flexible and ability to adjust quickly to industry changes.
- Ability to effectively coach and develop others.
- Well organized, display a professional demeanor, exude high energy and show attention to detail.
- Excellent leadership abilities, being the face of the digital organization on the streets and in the building.
- Expert level understanding of the digital advertising marketplace.
- IAB digital certification preferred.
TO APPLY: We require ONE upload containing: (1) a letter answering these two questions: Why should you be part of the team? What experience from the past do you have to qualify you for this position? (2) your resume.
Use the following web address to access our Career Center:
More About Market Enginuity
Market Enginuity is a unique organization that provides outsourced corporate sponsorship sales to public radio and television stations in 16 markets. Recognized as a leader in generating corporate sponsorship for public broadcasting stations, Market Enginuity’s 130+ employees are committed to helping our client stations better serve their communities while helping sponsors grow their businesses. Meeting and exceeding our client stations’ goals requires our candidates to be exceptional, determined professionals who share our enthusiasm and vision for setting the standard of excellence for corporate support in public broadcasting.
What We Offer
- Market competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive benefits package designed to protect you and your family: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability and life plans; employee assistance program. Retirement Savings: 401(k) plan
- Opportunities for rest, relaxation and personal pursuits with our generous Personal Time Off (PTO) policy and Holiday Schedule.
- Team of smart, creative and collaborative people.
- Core values that include a commitment to the success of all stakeholders, a healthy work-life balance and mutual trust, dignity and respect.
Market Enginuity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex(including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.