CAREERS AT KCRW
KCRW’s award-winning show, podcast and blog, “Good Food” is seeking a full-time producer. Candidate will work closely with host Evan Kleiman to create weekly episodes of “Good Food” and “Good Food on the Road” with LA Times food critic Jonathan Gold. Candidates with experience in audio production, food media and knowledge of the LA food world will be strongly considered.
A typical week includes:
- Booking chefs, farmers, historians, journalists, cookbook authors and scientists to speak with Evan, and producing these interviews in the studio;
- Editing audio interviews and mixing them into one-hour shows using Pro Tools;
- Writing show scripts;
- Writing newsletters containing show highlights and food headlines;
- Managing workflow for the show and for small, but hardworking team of segment and digital producers, engineers and host;
- Write and edit blog posts for the “Good Food” blog;
- Sharing content on “Good Food” Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts;
- Curating show content week-to-week, and mining different Los Angeles neighborhoods to discover new voices and extraordinary stories about food;
- Manage submissions from independent producers interested in filing for the show;
- Working with KCRW events team to help plan upcoming live events.
Ability to book interview guests, direct interviews, edit audio, write for the web and work well on a team a must. Knowledge of ProTools and Dalet preferred.
The ideal candidate will maintain attention to detail while working in a high paced environment.
Interested? Please email Gary Scott, KCRW Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with Managing Producer, Good Food in the subject line. Please no phone calls.