CAREERS AT KCRW
Job description: KCRW is looking for someone to guide and further the significant growth of our social platforms. As we’ve matured from beloved public radio station to a multi-platform media and culture hub, our social outreach is more vital than ever as a place for fans of independent music, news and culture to connect, share and learn about new events and ideas.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Content and Communications Director, the Social Media Manager will oversee social media growth, strategy, and help produce daily content for KCRW’s social channels. You will be able to distill the most sociable ideas from broadcast, podcast, events, culture and the KCRW organization for our online community conversations. An understanding of the right tone and best practices for FB, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube is crucial. An understanding of KCRW’s programming and audience is essential as is the ability to communicate KCRW’s online voice clearly.
Also, a strong understanding of the basic analytics for each platform is key for better understanding our audience, furthering communication, and delivering smarter content choices for our online community.
The Social Media Manager will manage a Social Media Coordinator and work closely with Digital Content, Video, Programming, Communications and Analytics. Hopefully you’re also a KCRW fan, who loves great programming and is excited about the opportunity to boost the independent voice of culture in Southern California.
- Love of everything social, including staying on top of best practices and platform changes
- Great conversational copywriter with an understanding of the right mood for each channel’s audience, making sure KCRW is not just part of the conversation – but leading the conversation
- You have a sense of fun with a dash of spontaneity, as well as know the difference between serious and boring
- Timely and responsive, you efficiently bring the right content to the right audience
- Responsible for providing analytics reports of content performance, demographics and growth for each platform
- Experience with social publishing (i.e. Hubspot), creating content, basic photo editing and design skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing FB, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube content in culture-forward brand, agency or organization with strong social engagement
- You’re a great collaborator, communicator and listener as well as have top-notch project management skills
- Able to convey social media expertise and education to co-workers and external collaborators
Still reading? Give us a sense of who you are and answer these bonus questions:
- Describe a social media campaign you led that you're particularly proud of. How did you measure success?
- What's your favorite social media handle and why (it doesn't have to be KCRW).
- KCRW has experienced phenomenal growth across its platforms in the last few years. Choose a platform and explain what you would do more of, or introduce to enhance that growth.
Holler at us, send your resume, portfolio, or anything else you think represents you well to Tyler.Boudreaux@kcrw.org with ‘Social Media’ in the subject line.