Architect of Cinematic Cities Builds Home for Cinematic Arts
Listen to/Watch entire show:
The creator of fantasy cities also likes building the real thing. Frances Anderton speaks with George Lucas, patron of the new School of Cinematic Arts at USC, about buildings on screen and in reality. David Rockwell, designer of the Oscars show, tells us about how they'll make the show sparkle. And friends of Frank Gehry offer tributes as he meets a major milestone.
Photos: Mina Chow
- David Rockwell: Principal of the Rockwell Group
- George Lucas: Chairman of Lucasfilm
- Joseph Giovannini: Architect and architecture critic
- Elyse Grinstein: Architect and owner of Gemini G.E.L.
- Peter Alexander: Artist
- Michael Maltzan: Principal of Michael Maltzan Architecture
- Ed Moses: Artist
- Esa-Pekka Salonen: Music director of the Los Angeles Philharmonic
- Cindy Pritzker: Co-founder of the Pritzker Architecture Prize
Engage & Discuss
BROUGHT TO YOU BY