Foraging in France, Real Mexican Food, Tuna, Chocolate
Listen to/Watch entire show:
Spring Stew with Fish or Shrimp
A lovely way to celebrate the beautiful colors and flavors of spring. Mix and match your favorites, using all or some of what-s listed below for a soup or stew base that cooks up in 15-20 minutes. Add the fish or shrimp to poach gently during the last five minutes or so before serving so that the seafood doesn-t overcook.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped, including tops
- 1/2 bunch green garlic, chopped, including tops
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 bunch fennel bulbs, scrubbed and sliced or quartered vertically
- Several sprigs of thyme
- 1-2 pounds of potatoes, such as French fingerlings, LaRatte, Yukon gold, (leave whole if they-re tiny, cut in cubes if they-re large)
- 1 bunch pea shoots, roughly chopped
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes (Muir Glen-s a good brand)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Generous pinch of saffron (optional)
- Good-sized handful of sugar snap peas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 pounds thick fish fillets, skinned, such as white sea bass or salmon, cut into 2-inch chunks and seasoned with salt and pepper
- or 2 pounds raw, cleaned shrimp
- 2003, Amelia Saltsman
John Pierre Moull-, a former chef at Chez Panisse, guides culinary tours of France with his wife. To find more information about his cooking tours and wine tasting tours, go to www.twobordelais.com, email email@example.com or call (510) 848-8741.
Jimmy Shaw is the owner of Loteria Grill, in the Original Farmer's Market at 3rd and Fairfax in Los Angeles.
Engage & Discuss
BROUGHT TO YOU BY