Soup from Bones; Hidden Kitchens; Acai Berries; Great Breakfasts; Cows; Moroccan Cuisine
Listen to/Watch entire show:
Check out Hidden Kitchens, a radio series being aired on NPR each Friday through December. Producer Davia Nelson profiles how food changes lives.
Ryan Black is the founder of Sambazon. Sambazon imports the acai berry, which is very high in antioxidants and omega and amino acids. Acai drinks are sold at Whole Foods markets, Wild Oats market and Trader Joe's.
M. R. Montgomery is the author of A Cow's Life: The Surprising History of Cattle and How the Black Angus Came to Be Home on the Range.
Eddy Chavey is Mr. Breakfast. Check out his great website for extensive recipes and breakfast restaurants in all cities.
- Eatz Caf--: (323-661-2355) 3207 Los Feliz Boulevard, Atwater (next the LA River Bridge, adjacent to the golf course)
- Blueberry: (310-394-7766) 510 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica
- Fred's 62: (323-667-0062) 1850 Vermont Ave, Los Feliz (Toasters at every table!)
- Pantry Caf--: (213-972-9279) 877 S Figueroa St, Downtown LA
- Griddle Caf--: (323-874-0377) 7916 W Sunset Blvd, LA
- Jar Restaurant: (323-655-6566) 8225 Beverly Blvd, LA (floating pancake)
- Du Par's Restaurants: all over Southern California
Adel Chager is the chef/owner of Chameau Moroccan Restaurant (323-951-0039) 339 N Fairfax Ave, Los Angeles
Engage & Discuss
BROUGHT TO YOU BY