Disney; D23; Toronto Film Festival
This week, fans came out in full force to a recent celebration of all things Disney. But major changes are afoot in the Magic Kingdom. Plus, was the Toronto Film Festival a bloodbath for indie filmmakers or just a shift in the life cycle of independent film?
- Cassian Elwes: former head of Independent Film Division, William Morris
- Tom Bernard: Co-President, Sony Pictures Classics
- 'Disney CEO Bob Iger Weighs Replacements for Studio Chief Dick Cook' (Los Angeles Times, 9/22/09)
- 'Toronto Wrap: Indie Bloodbath' (IndieWire.com, 9/19/09)
- 'Toronto Deals: Art of the Steal, Lebanon, Get Low' (IndieWire.Com, 9/21/09)
- 'Single Man Sells Overnight; Toronto Buzzes at Fest Midpoint' (IndieWire.Com, 9/15/09)
- 'Dick Cook's Ouster Signals Shift in Direction for Disney' (Los Angeles Times, 9/21/09)
- 'Film Chief at Disney Steps Down' (New York Times, 9/18/09)
- 'Johnny Depp Says He's 'Shocked and Very Sad' about Dick Cook's Departure' (LATimes.com, 9/18/09)
- 'Revolt at Disney?' (DailyBeast.com, 9/21/09)
Engage & Discuss
Further the conversation with your thoughts and comments. Agree, disagree, present a different perspective -- engage.