Create:Fixate Presents "Dreams"
SAT NOV 9, 2013 7:00PM
613 Imperial Street
Los Angeles, CA, 90021
For Create:Fixate’s 12th anniversary
celebration, the creators have teamed top graffiti artists with Los
Angeles-based contemporary fine artists to create large mural-like paintings
merging the two respective art styles in a creative mash up. It’s not about
painting walls or hanging art on walls, this is about bringing down the walls of
the art scene. Artists have been carefully selected and the outcome is
unpredictable, as the talent will be completing each mural art piece just days
before show time. One of the two C:F warehouse galleries will be solely
dedicated to this project, while the other gallery will exhibit pieces from over
a dozen additional artists exhibiting a stunning array of painting, photography,
multi-media, interactive installation, and performance art that will ignite
hearts and minds.
Optical Lounge highlights include:
• Dytch 66 – The artist was easily influenced by the West Coast life-style of skateboarding, break-dancing, and graffiti art. Graffiti became a way of life, and the artist known today as Dytch, was born.
• Mallory Morrison – Her use of dancers in an underwater environment allows Morrison to challenge the boundaries of people photography - utilizing weightlessness to tell stories, which explore the depths of movement and composition.
• Lindsay Carron – The artist utilizes ballpoint pen to render invigorating life-size depictions of the beautiful creatures of our earth. Carron is an art activist working and living in Venice, California and traversing the globe, bringing animal (and human) rights issues to the forefront through her energetic and passionate art.
• Tewsr – His hybrid style of graffiti art melded with an air of realism continually pushes the boundaries of traditional aerosol art and illustration.
The Audio Lab, otherwise known as the music portion of the evening, completes Create:Fixate’s vision. Musical highlights for the evening include:
• Adm Collins – A veteran in the tech-house scenes in Chicago and New York, Collins will delve deep, playing his own edits and productions. Get ready for a feast of his Brooklyn Beats.
• Valida – When DJing, Valida's specialty is a seamless blend of music styles with a reputation for fearlessly fusing everything from disco to country and beyond.
• Holloys – The band is best known for their ever evolving sound, drawn from a diverse range of cultural traditions and musical genres, which culminate with its beat-heavy blend of trance, dance, disco punk, and Afropop.
• GG 4Tet - Led by composer/saxophonist Geoff Gallegos, the band also includes Shaunte Palmer on trombone, JP Maramba on bass, and Cesar Ventura on drums. While each cat can play across genres, their Create:Fixate set will be all about a jazz thing.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY