KCRW Broadcast 63
Damn, what a show we have tonight!!! I am sitting in Los Angeles International Airport, waiting for the flight to Minneapolis to resume tour. I got here from South Africa about forty-eight hours ago. I had about two days off the road, enough time to listen to some jams, do some laundry and upload the hard drive with a ton of new jams. I have a lot of new music to plough through for our June shows. I am on my third day of about three hours of sleep. I will hopefully get some sleep on the flight and then some more on the other end.
Later: Now on the flight. Delta, the absolute best there is! We are crammed like sardines in here. Tonight we start with a song from a very cool EP that is hard as hell to find on vinyl. Rain was not around for very long and thanks to the sturdy Peterbilt label, the band was documented. The vinyl came out a long time ago and quickly went out of print but a few years ago, the label re-issued it on CD. If you can even find it on CD at this point, you should try your luck at the Dischord site. I figured the hotter the weather, the more we should push the intensity to get us into Saturday night proper. I hope that after tonight's show is over, you will either keep your dial on 89.9 and keep it going with Liza Richardson and Mario Cotto or keep the jams going late into the night, however you can!
I am sure you noticed the nice slice of German jams towards the last part of the first hour, happening! After that, a nice slice of Punk Rock. We have not listened to Cabaret Voltaire for awhile. They're a perfect band for our show and it's good to have them back on.
The last part of the show breaks loose and will get the heart rate up. We'll see what Liza has prepared to lay on you after we're done for the night.
In the last forty-eight hours, I didn't get all the time to listen to too much music as I had office work and other stuff but I did get some time to crank it and checked out the Rhino box set re-issue of the first Stooges album and some very aggro American Tapes releases to stay awake.
You LA types should know that I have three talking shows coming up next month at Largo. 11 - 13. I think you have to go to the venue to get tickets. If you go to the show, if you can bring a few extra bucks as we will be sending the funds to different charities and you might want to put a few bucks into the pot. We will be sending money to the West Memphis Three for sure.
I hope you dig tonight's show, it's a great one. Listen loud and STAY FANATIC!!!
E-Mail address for Henry: Henryontheradio@AOL.com
01. Rain - That Time Of Year / La Vache Qui Rit
02. Rites Of Spring - Persistent Vision / Rites Of Spring
03. Generation X - Ready Steady Go / Generation X
04. Sham 69 - Borstal Breakout / Singles
05. Bad Brains - Jammin' At The Atlantis / Black Dots
06. Black Flag - Jealous Again / The First Four Years
07. Boris - Pink / Pink
08. John Coltrane - Cosmos / Live In Seattle
09. Cosmic Jokers - Raumschiff Galaxy Fliegt In Die Sonne / Planeten Sit-In
10. Kluster - Track 05 / Wuppertal 1971
11. Conrad Schnitzler - Track 03 / Eruption
12. Neu! - Sonderangebot / Neu! 1
13. Einstürzende Neubauten - Sehnsucht / 1981-1982 Livematerial
14. The Damned - Sick Of Being Sick / Damned The Stiff Years
15. Wire - Mannequin / Pink Flag
16. The Mob - Witch Hunt / Let The Tribe Increase
17. Buzzcocks - Why Can't I Touch It? / Singles Going Steady
18. Cabaret Voltaire - News From Nowhere / The Voice Of America
19. Coyle & Sharpe Grow Feathers / Audio Visionaries: Street Pranks & Put-Ons
20. Pan Ron - No Need To Be Ashamed / Cambodian Rocks Vol. 3
21. Sort Sol - Abyss / Dagger & Guitar
22. The Gun Club - Eternally Is Here / The Las Vegas Story
23. Kim Salmon And The Surrealists - Order Of Things / Grand Unifying Theory
24. Trouble Funk - Say What / Singles
25. Les Tambours De Brazza - Ahaando / Zangoula
26. James Brown - There It Is (Parts 1 & 2) / There It Is