Local artist Sunny Levine has music in his blood. Quincy Jones is his grandfather, his father is producer Stewart Levine, and his uncle is rap producer QD3. He has participated in a number of musical projects over the years, including a solo album, soundtrack work, assorted collaborations & more. But his latest project may be his most definitive yet.
Taking the moniker Boss Selection, he has released an album called "Volume 1," which pairs him with a wide-ranging assortment of guests, including Rashida Jones, soul legend Brenda Russell, Hugh Masekela, Pete Yorn, jazz artist Grace Kelly, among others. A more diverse batch of collaborators would be hard to find, much less tied together for a coherent album. But Levine's experience shows, making for a rich collection that makes Spotify feel obsolete.
- Wouldn't It Be Wild (feat. Orelia)
- Flip and Rewing (feat. Rashida Jones)
- Midnight Fools (feat. Young Dad)
- Heart String (feat. John Gold)
- Everybody Needs (feat. Brenda Russell)
- Hey Mama (feat. Nicholas Nauman)
- One Of These Days (feat. Hugh Masekela)
- Kellen Winslow (feat. Pete Yorn)
- Riding On A Love Train (feat. James Gadson)
- Luck Of The Draw (feat. Phlo Finister)
- Cold Cold Water (feat. Grace Kelly)
- Rivers in the Sea (feat. Aska Matsumiya)
- Honor (feat. Sunny Levine)