Fanatic! It’s another great show! As I have told you before, with very few exceptions, the show goes through multiple drafts. The best way to test it is to just let the music play. I listen to the tracks from start to finish and only stop when something seems not to work or if a better idea suddenly presents itself. Obviously this is time consuming but I have found this to be the best way. This particular show found its finish about three drafts in.
In the show, I do a lot of explaining about what we’re listening to, so I won’t belabor you with writing about it here.
Just a couple of things and then I will get out of your way.
Last night, I sat in front of the stereo and listened to a few records. As usual, it was an epic time. I would be falling short of my Fanatic duties if I did not pass on to you a couple of suggestions.
These records on LP are just so damn good I can barely stand it.
Keiji Haino / Jim O’Rourke / Oren Ambarchi – Imikuzushi: Thankfully, these three get together with fair frequency and make records. It had been about a year since I had played this one. For me, it’s all about side D. Keiji Haino is a monster musician and with O’Rourke and Ambarchi working out with him, it’s unbelievable what these three achieve.
Total Control – Typical System: It’s not like you have not heard this band before. I think the best way to check them out is on LP. What a band, what an album. The compositional strength of the songs, how well the sounds are blended, it’s a great piece of work. I think we have listened to almost every song on this album over the last several months but hearing them all together, just fantastic.
Cloudland Canyon – Lie In Light: It’s been awhile since we listened this excellent band on the show. We’ll have to fix that. It had been awhile since I had put on one of their records. I got into this band years ago and I am not remembering how I found out about them, could very well have been Engineer X. Very cool and spaced out music this band makes. I don’t know if I have all of their records but I have a few and they’re all great.
I hope you like tonight’s show and STAY FANATIC!!!
E–mail address for me: email@example.com
Follow me on Twitter: @henryrollins
01. Ty Segall Band - Wave Goodbye / Live In San Francisco
02. Jack Name - Running After Ganymede / Weird Moons
03. Wand - Take Me Back To The Void / single
04. Ausmuteants – Ausmuteant / single
05. Deerhoof - Running Thoughts / The Runners Four
06. Electric Eels - Cyclotron / Die Electric Eels
07. Lower Plenty - Life/Thrills / Life/Thrills
08. Alan Vega – Sucker / Power on to Zero Hour
09. Charley Patton - It Won’t Be Long / The Definitive
10. Pere Ubu - Street Waves / The Modern Dance
11. Pentagram - When The Screams Come / First Daze Here
12. Ata Ebtakar aka Sote - Pictures Of A Whisper / Persian Electronic Music
13. Cheap Time - Slow Variety / Exit Smiles
14. Charles Edward Cheese Band - White Unicorn / Philosophy Of Rap
01. The Third Bardo - Five Years Ahead Of My Time / Trash Box
02. Clarence Edwards, Cornelius Edwards & Butch Cage - Thousand Miles From Nowhere / Country Negro Jam Session
03. Lost Sounds - Mechanical Feelings / Lost Sounds
04. The Ooga Boogas - Sentimental Stranger / Booga Box
05. Holland – Turpentine / Your Orgasm
06. Wolf Eyes - Track 01 / Asylum Style Vol. 05
07. The Ramones – Outsider / Subterranean Jungle
08. The Door And The Window – Dig / Detailed Twang
09. Dahga Bloom - Space Is The Place / No Curtains
10. Mel O’Dubhslaine - Never Mind The Punk, It’s Bollocks / I Can Remember The Faces Of All The Grebs At My School
11. Au Ras Au Ras - The Great Nothing / The Great Nothing
12. Ulaan Markhor - Last Leaf of the Season / Spiral Horns, Black Onions, et al.
13. The Herms - Drop Out / Drop Out Vol. 1
14. The Warmers - The Beautiful Light / The Warmers
15. Meatbodies - Wahoo / Meatbodies
16. Lamppukello - Muista Olla Porosein / Kaahumatti Kaheskanneski, Yyjö Ite Yheskänneski
17. Devo - We’re All Devo / Pioneers Who Got Scalped
18. The Cramps - Five Years Ahead Of My Time / How To Make A Monster