Very behind on things around here. I worked on this show during flights and long drives over the last several days. I have been on the East Coast, signing up the limited edition of my new book, A Mad Dash. At the time of this writing, the book is selling through very quickly and if you are so inclined to get a copy, you would be well advised to go to my site and get on that sooner than later. I had a great time being in DC for a few hours in this very great month. The weather was excellent and I only wish I could have had an extra day there. SO, this show is the product of little sleep, many miles and not a lot of time to review. It looked good when I came up with it, and it sounded good when I played it all back. This track by Orchestre Poly-Rythmo is a great one. I borrowed the copy that Liza Richardson got as a promo and here we are with it. I don't think the album comes out for some time so we are getting a little jump on it. You can see that we are getting a double dose of Guy Picciotto tonight as Fugazi and Rites Of Spring are being represented tonight. As well, a cut off the not-yet-released Pere Ubu album. Ilka over at the band's PR dept. gave me the green light to play it. The track we're playing tonight it reminding me of a Fall track, perhaps something from The Unutterable. If you were turned on by the Higashi Hiroshi track, I got it from the Mutant Sounds site. Apparently, it's a very limited release. Sure sounds cool.
I wanted to suggest a documentary to you all: Robert Greenwald's very excellent and timely Rethink Afghanistan. I have seen it once and will be watching it again. Like all of Greenwald's work, it's worth checking out. The site will give you info on screenings in your area. I don't know when it goes to DVD, perhaps there's information on the site. Definitely worth seeing and I hope you do.
I do you hope you enjoy tonight's jams, sleeplessly thrown together as they were, until next week when there's a slight chance I will be better rested, STAY FANATIC!!!
E-Mail address for Henry: HenryOnTheRadio@AOL.com
01. Jerry Lee Lewis - Long Tall Sally / Live at the Star Club
02. Generation X – Kleenex / Generation X
03. The Stooges - Real Cool Time (alt mix) / The Stooge
04. Wire - French Film Blurred / Chairs Missing
05. Syamsudin - Bunga Rampai / Folk And Pop Sounds Of Sumatra Vol. 2
06. The Other Half - Bad Day / Mr. Pharmacist & Lost Singles
07. The Firesign Theatre - Sleep . . . / Dear Friends
08. Jimi Hendrix - Love Or Confusion / BBC Sessions
09. Omar Souleyman - Lansob Sherek (I Will Make A Trap) / Dabke 2020
10. Pere Ubu - Watching The Pigeons / Long Live Pere Ubu!
11. Sam Rivers - Point Of Many Returns / Contours
12. Death - You're A Prisoner / ...For The World To See
13. Joe Gibbs & The Professionals - The Entebbe Affair / African Dub CD #03
14. Death From Above 1979 - Cold War / You're A Woman, I'm A Machine
15. Fugazi - Full Disclosure / The Argument
16. Orchestre Poly-Rythmo - Ma Tafou Gnin O / De Cotonou Volume Two
17. Roxy Music - Prairie Rose / Country Life
18. Honny & The Bees - Psychedelic Woman / Band Ghana Soundz Vol. 2
19. Farflung - Prototype Of A Traveler / 9 Pin Body
20. Rites Of Spring - Drink Deep / Rites Of Spring
21. The Afflicted - Hippy Punk / single
22. Acid Bath – Tranquilized / When The Kite String Pops
23. Higashi Hiroshi - Untitled / He No He No