We start out the show with Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings who joined us for their fifth time in studio, however this occasion was markedly different after the soul singer was on the back end of a courageous fight with cancer. Still recovering from chemotherapy but sounding as strong as ever, we were honored to have them come by.
Next we'll hear from the Denver-based husband-and-wife duo, Tennis. Alaina Moore and Patrick Riley make infectious indie pop music that fit perfectly in the KCRW playlists. Their Small Sound EP was full of well-crafted songs and the two were recently in studio for a live performance. Tennis also played our Day Stage showcase at the SXSW Music Festival last month.
- Stranger To My Happiness / Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings
- Retreat! / Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings
- We Get Along / Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings
- Long Time, Wrong Time / Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings
- Making Up And Breaking Up / Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings
- Now I See / Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings
- Needle And The Knife / Tennis
- Mean Streets / Tennis
- Timothy / Tennis
- 100 Lovers / Tennis
- It All Feels The Same / Tennis
- Cured Of Youth / Tennis