- Making News: City Council Backs LAX Master Plan
The LA City Council today voted 12-to-3 in favor of Mayor Jim Hahn's Master Plan for LA International Airport. At almost the same time, the Board of Supervisors voted unanimously to sue if the project gets final approval. We hear more from Councilwoman Cindy Miscikowski, who put together the Mayor's so-called Consensus Plan.
- Reporter's Notebook: Los Angeles Times Investigates King-Drew
The LA Times has published Part III of an exhaustive and five-part investigation of King- Drew Medical Center in South Los Angeles, where County Supervisors have aroused community outrage by shutting down the trauma center. The institution, beloved by community leaders, has failed to meet professional standards. Tracy Weber is one of the Times reporters.
- Part 1: Dearly errors and politics betray a hospital's promise
- Part 2: Underfunding Is a Myth, but the Squandering Is Real
- Part 3: One doctor's long trail of dangerous mistakes
- Part 4: How Whole Departments Fail A Hospital's Patients
- Part 5: Why Supervisors Let Deadly Problems Slide