The Economy: the White House and the Presidential Campaign
Listen to/Watch entire show:
Home foreclosures have doubled in the past year, and home prices are down by 13% — the fastest decline in two decades. A report on consumer confidence says Americans feel worse about the economy than they have since the 1970’s. Also today, one Republican website calls Rev. Jeremiah Wright “the gift that keeps on giving.”
The Economy, Pres. Bush and the Presidential Campaign ()At a rose-garden news conference today, President Bush blamed Congress for blocking his proposals to deal with the high price of gasoline. He reassured Americans that he feels their economic pain.
- Jim Gerstenzang: White House Correspondent for the Los Angeles Times
- Dan Berman: Editor, Environment and Energy Daily
Rev. Wright, Part II ()
During his three-day publicity blitz, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright has injected himself back into the presidential campaign. Barack Obama has distanced himself from Reverend Wright. At the National Press Club yesterday, the Reverend distanced himself from the candidate.
- Lynn Sweet: Columnist, Chicago Sun-Times
- Jeffrey Weiss: Writer, Dallas Morning News
- Andre Willis: Professor of the Philosophy of Religion, Divinity School at Yale University , @BrownUniversity
- Leon Wynter: journalist and blogger
CD copies of To the Point are available by calling 1.888.600.5279.
Engage & Discuss
BROUGHT TO YOU BY