Election Preview around the Country
Listen to/Watch entire show:
The Gallup Poll says the big question tomorrow is not whether the Republicans will take over the Congress, but by how much. That's based on a national sample. But midterm elections are local, and the decisive factor is going to be who really turns out and where. We hear about major races from Pennsylvania to Florida to Nevada and California. Also, the latest on the cargo plane bomb plot.
Banner image: Supporters listen as US House Minority Leader Rep. John Boehner (R-OH) speaks during a rally for Jim Renacci on October 30, 2010 in Canton, Ohio. Photo: Matt Sullivan/Getty Images
The Latest on the Cargo Plane Bomb Plot ()
Officials in the United States and Britain are saying two highly sophisticated package-bombs were headed to the US from Yemen. The bombs traveled on four planes, two carrying passengers, until they were intercepted in Britain and Dubai. But how did a Saudi informant know enough to tip-off intelligence agencies? We hear about the bombs, airport security and the politics of Yemen.
- Scott Shane: National Security Writer, New York Times, @ScottShaneNYT
- Bernard Haykel: Professor of Near Eastern Studies, Princeton University
- Peter Bergen: National Security Analyst, CNN, @peterbergencnn
Election Preview around the Country ()
The Gallup Poll says the Republicans' 15-point lead among likely voters nationwide is "unprecedented." But the GOP lead among registered voters is only four points, so the big question across the country is how many of those likely voters will turn out and where. We hear reports on important races in regions across the country.
- Tom Fitzgerald: National Political Reporter, Philadelphia Inquirer
- J. David Woodard: Professor of Political Science, Clemson University, @ClemsonNews
- Peter Brown: Assistant Director, Quinnipiac University Polling Institute
- Ken Warren: Professor of Political Science, St. Louis University
- Mark Barabak: Political Reporter, Los Angeles Times
Engage & Discuss
BROUGHT TO YOU BY