On February's Ballot, Real Reform or Politics as Usual?
Listen to/Watch entire show:
Proposition 93 on next February's ballot raises the most sensitive questions for California legislators. Is Prop 93 a cure for some political ills or a recipe for voter confusion? On Reporter's Notebook, big trouble for L.A.'s toy industry this holiday season.
Proposition 93: Should Politicians Get Longer Terms? ()
Term limits are beloved by California voters, but most good-government types say they're so short that lawmakers can't stay long enough on the job to learn how to do it. Prop 93 would reduce the time they can stay in Sacramento, but that's not all it would do.
- Dan Walters: Syndicated columnist, Sacramento Bee
- Bob Stern: President, Center for Governmental Studies
- Allan Hoffenblum: Republican political consultant
- Darry Sragow: Democratic political consultant
Trouble for LA's Toy Industry ()LA's Toy District is in big trouble this year, and it's not hard to figure out why.
- David Lazarus: Columnist, Los Angeles Times
Engage & Discuss
BROUGHT TO YOU BY