Is Post Partisanship Still Alive in Sacramento?
Listen to/Watch entire show:
The New Hampshire primaries crowded Arnold Schwarzenegger out of yesterday's news coverage, but the Governor might have been glad not to have the limelight. His State of the State address on California was a grim litany of problems he and the legislature have failed to resolve, resulting in a $14 billion deficit.
Governor Schwarzenegger once promised to " blow up the boxes" by reorganizing state agencies that are inefficient and sometimes dysfunctional. Now, he is boxed in by the very structural problems he and the legislature have failed to resolve.
- Ed Mendel: Sacramento Bureau Chief for the San Diego Union Tribune
- George Runner: Republican Senator representing California’s 17th District
- John Laird: Assemblyman from Santa Cruz & chair of the budget committee
- Larry Gerston: Professor of Political Science at Cal State San Jose
- David Menefee-Libey: Professor of politics and coordinator of program in public policy analysis at Pomona College
Engage & Discuss
BROUGHT TO YOU BY