California and the Race for President
Listen to/Watch entire show:
In just three weeks, the biggest state in the Union will weigh in on the Democratic and Republican candidates. But voting by mail has already begun, and it could exceed the turnout out on election day. Also tonight, the Directors Guild has a three-year contract. What will that mean for the writers?
Photo Credit: Win McNamee, Getty Images News
Directors reach contract deal with studios ()
- Michael Speier: Executive Editor, Daily Variety
The Rise of California’s Independent Voters ()
The presidential primaries are about to reach California, where Democrats and Republicans are more divided than ever. But the fastest growing group is the Independents. The Democrats allow Independents to take part in choosing their nominee, but the Republicans don’t.
- Mark Baldassare: President of the Public Policy Institute of California, @ppicnotes
- Barbara O'Connor: professor of communications
- Tony Quinn: Political analyst, former Republican consultant
- Bill Carrick: Democratic Strategist
Engage & Discuss
BROUGHT TO YOU BY