The Olympic Torch: Now You See It, Now You Don’t
Listen to/Watch entire show:
Protesters failed to stop the Olympic Torch relay this afternoon, because there was none - at least not the one that drew thousands of people into the streets of San Francisco. Fear of violence drove officials to change the route, bypassing both protesters and spectators who wanted to celebrate the Olympic Games.
- Maria L. La Ganga: Reporter, Los Angeles Times
- Marilyn King: Two-time Olympian in the Pentathlon
- Dechen Tsering: Member of the Tibetan Association of Northern California
- Sabina Chen: Executive Director, Chinese Culture Center of San Francisco
- John Naber: Former President, US Olympic Alumni Association; Olympic Gold and Silver Medalist
Which Way L.A.? is made possible in part by the Ralph M. Parsons Foundation, the Nathan Cummings Foundation, and the John Randolph Haynes and Dora Haynes Foundation, which supports study and research into policy issues of the Los Angeles region.
Engage & Discuss
BROUGHT TO YOU BY