Associate Producer, The Treatment
KCRW, public radio for Los Angeles, is a dynamic and exciting workplace filled with interesting and creative people. We operate with integrity and use our programming to build community on the air, online and in person. Our large roster of locally-created programming connects us to what’s happening in LA and in the world.
KCRW is looking for a talented, curious and creative producer to join the team of KCRW’s weekly program, The Treatment. This position will be responsible for supporting host Elvis Mitchell as he conducts in-depth interviews with influential people working in entertainment, art and pop culture.
The Associate Producer will report to the Chief Content Officer. This is a non-exempt, part-time position requiring 10 hours per week paid at an hourly rate.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Writing scripts and promos
- Editing audio
- Booking guests
- Background research
- Interview preparation
- Social media promotion and coordination with the station
- Participation in weekly Producers Meeting or other meetings pertaining to The Treatment
Required Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Proficient in Dalet, Pro Tools, Adobe Audition, or equivalent
- Data collection and analysis of information from different sources
- Critical thinking
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to efficiently prioritize and meet deadlines
- Knowledgeable about entertainment, art and pop culture
- Digital media experience
- Minimum 2 years related work experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Hourly rate of pay, eligible for overtime
- Premium working holiday pay rate
- Sick leave accrual
- Collaborative and supportive environment
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants may be required to complete relevant testing to determine eligibility for the role. KCRW aims to be representative of Southern California, and candidates with traditionally underrepresented backgrounds and perspectives are encouraged to apply. Applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
KCRW is an equal opportunity employer and actively recruits to promote diversity in our workforce. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or veteran status.