Director of Digital Content
As KCRW evolves from a beloved public radio station to a multi-platform media and culture organization, we’re looking for a Director of Digital Content to lead engagement and growth across KCRW’s digital channels. The Director of Digital Content acts as KCRW’s lead site editor for digital content (music, news, culture) and manages KCRW’s nimble social team, digital and video editors as they tell engaging stories across KCRW’s website, app and social platforms.
We’re looking for a thought-leader with digital and editorial experience who puts the audience first, works collaboratively, and will always look for new ways to tell compelling digital stories about our music, news and culture programming and events.
This position will report to the Head of Marketing.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Merge editorial instincts and analytics to showcase the most compelling features and stories across KCRW.com
- Find innovative ways to extend and expand broadcast stories via web.
- Take responsibility for both engaging existing audiences and finding ways to grow new audience segments.
- Be passionate about curating a distinct editorial experience from competitors through breaking news, special digital features, music and culture stories.
- Position KCRW.com and our digital extensions as a voice and resource our community cannot live without. Make it simple and compelling for our audience to get what they need to hear, know and do each week.
- Be an internal champion of digital storytelling and help guide and train producers and reporters to produce content that resonates in digital spaces
- Manage and set editorial and promotional priorities for KCRW’s digital content team, which includes our social, web and video producers and editors.
- Deploy KCRW’s audience engagement tools (Hearken) to continue the mission of engaging with the audience and championing audience-first storytelling.
- Work with KCRW’s digital strategist to develop best practices and analytics reporting to understand our audience across platforms and to make data-informed decisions.
- Edit or write digital features and web copy as needed.
Here’s what you’ll bring:
- 7+ years of experience in leading digital content planning and execution.
- Experience in editorial decision-making in a culture-leading media environment.
- Passion for creative and innovative storytelling across digital platforms.
- Understanding of data and analytics (Google Analytics, SEO, social).
- Skilled writer and copy editor w/ understanding of editorial best practices.
- Experience managing multi-media projects, including video and photography.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Collaborative approach and experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Excitement for a balance of thought-leadership and public service.
- Knowledge of audio production a plus.
- Familiarity with content management systems.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life
- 403b with company match
- Collaborative and supportive environment
Application Instructions: To apply, please email your cover letter and resume as attachments to email@example.com. Applicants may be required to complete scenario-based testing to determine eligibility for the role.
KCRW Foundation, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.