Line Editor, Press Play
KCRW is looking for a talented, creative editor to join the team of our daily talk show Press Play. The editor will be responsible for helping guide the editorial mission, voice, and spirit of the show. This position is full-time, reporting to the Managing Producer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Writing and editing scripts
- Overseeing recorded and live broadcast interviews
- Coming up with day-of and future story ideas
- Planning long-term coverage, including special projects
- Developing and overseeing daily social media presence
- Strong broadcast writing and editing skills
- Knowledgeable about general news and Southern California
- Digital media experience
- Knowledge of Pro Tools, Adobe Audition, or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 5 years working in news, preferably public radio
Bachelor’s degree required, related field preferred
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. KCRW aims to be representative of Southern California, and candidates with traditionally underrepresented backgrounds and perspectives are encouraged to apply. Applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
KCRW is an equal opportunity employer and actively recruits to promote diversity in our workforce. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or veteran status.