Producer, Good Food
KCRW, public radio for Los Angeles, is a dynamic and exciting workplace filled with interesting and creative people. We operate with integrity and use our programming to build community on the air, online and in person. Our large roster of locally-created programming connects us to what’s happening in LA and in the world.
KCRW is looking for a talented, creative producer to lead the team of our weekly talk show Good Food. This position will be responsible for generating creative feature segments that embody KCRW’s eclectic spirit.
The Producer reports to the Chief Content Officer. This is a full-time position paid on a salary basis.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Writing scripts
- Editing segments
- Booking guests
- Interview preparation
- Promoting show content (writing web copy, gathering photos and other digital assets, posting on social media)
- Submitting for awards shows
- Overseeing content schedule for public-facing events, such as KCRW’s annual Pie Contest
Required Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Proficient in Dalet, Pro Tools, Adobe Audition, or equivalent
- Data collection and analysis of information from different sources
- Critical thinking
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills (Dropbox, G Suite)
- Ability to efficiently prioritize and meet deadlines
- Knowledgeable about the world of food, especially in Southern California
- Digital media experience
- Minimum 5 years related work experience required
- Experience producing live events preferred
- Knowledge of and passion for food highly recommended
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree required, related field preferred
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits package designed to protect you and your family including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life
- 403b with company match
- Opportunities for rest, relaxation and personal pursuits via our generous vacation accrual and holiday schedule
- Collaborative and supportive environment
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants may be required to complete relevant testing to determine eligibility for the role. KCRW aims to be representative of Southern California, and candidates with traditionally underrepresented backgrounds and perspectives are encouraged to apply. Applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
KCRW is an equal opportunity employer and actively recruits to promote diversity in our workforce. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or veteran status.