CAREERS AT KCRW
KCRW’s production team is seeking a talented, full-time recording and audio engineer for day to day mixing duties and large scale projects.
Responsibilities include recording and editing daily content; mixing weekly and monthly programming, recording in live and taped environments, and meeting time-sensitive deadlines. This position reports to the Production Director.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, be able to work solo or with a team to complete projects, self-motivate, and have a few years of experience in broadcasting and/or recording studio workplaces.
- Experience in radio or studio environment
- Detail oriented with an understanding of small and big picture projects
- Excellent creative, organizational, strategic and interpersonal skills
- Strong digital knowledge and experience
- Knowledge and experience in digital editing software (ProTools and Dalet Galaxy a plus)
- Knowledge and experience with Windows and iOS
- Knowledge and experience in automation software
- Able to work under tight deadlines
- Keep up to date on technology to improve workflow
- Production Engineer – KCRW programming
- Record, mix, and edit the following audio elements:
- Weekly talk programs
- Weekly and monthly podcasts
- Segments for both news and music programs
- Commentaries and special features
- Promos for all KCRW programs
- Sound Engineer – “Morning Becomes Eclectic”
- Music recording engineer for both live and pre-tape sessions
- Mix music live to stereo track and multi-track
- Edit music and interviews in post-production
- Record and plan remote broadcasts: live and taped
- Lead and assist special projects to completion
- Troubleshoot technical problems in time sensitive situations
- Train employees on studio technology and workflow
Education and Experience:
- At least 4 years of experience in either broadcasting or a studio environment
- Undergraduate degree in broadcasting or recording preferred
- Have a passion for KCRW’s programming, interest in NPR news, current affairs, music, and the arts
What We Offer:
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package designed to protect you and your family including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life
- 403b with company match
- Opportunities for rest, relaxation and personal pursuits via our vacation accrual and holiday schedule
- Collaborative and supportive environment
How To Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to JC Swiatek via email with subject header “KCRW Production Engineer” to firstname.lastname@example.org. No consultant offers or phone calls please.
KCRW Foundation, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.