Public Media Account Executive
Market Enginuity is seeking an experienced, determined, and persuasive sales professional to join our public media sales team at KCRW in Santa Monica, CA. This is an exceptional opportunity for a mission-minded and innovative person to join our team and generate sponsorship revenue for a station that is highly regarded in the marketplace. Secure Corporate Sponsorship for KCRW which includes on air messaging, live events, podcasts and other digital platforms. Make an impact while working with a team of smart, creative, collaborative colleagues.
At Market Enginuity, we fuel mission-driven, educational, and inspiring independent media to benefit stations, producers, sponsors and audiences.
Our affinity with public media began personally as viewers, listeners and donors to our hometown stations. For almost two decades we’ve increased our contributions, building the largest team in the country that specializes in corporate sponsorship sales. The passion is still personal and carried by more than 150 people ingrained in the communities where we live and work. Market Enginuity attracts the best people who together create the standard of excellence for corporate support in public media in nearly 20 markets across the country.
KCRW is one of the most active and well-known public stations in the country. KCRW creates and curates a unique mix of content centered around music discovery, NPR news, cultural exploration and informed public affairs. Home to unconventional and surprising independent-spirited podcasts, KCRW has an outstanding portfolio that includes Nocturne, Welcome to LA, Bodies, Here Be Monsters, Lost Notes, The Organist, Don’t @ Me with Justin Simien, and Celestial Blood/Sangre Celestial. KCRW is also home to one of the most popular national political podcasts, Left Right and Center. Driven by the spirit of Los Angeles, KCRW delivers in innovative ways -- on the radio, online via streams and podcasts and in person -- to diverse, curious communities around the corner and around the world. KCRW can be found on the air in Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Mojave, Palm Springs, and via smartphone apps and online at KCRW.com.
Master Of The Art Of The Sale
In this outside sales position you will sell sponsorship for KCRW both broadcast and digital media along with year-round events by developing new business while managing and growing an account list. An account executive in public media is similar to that of a salesperson in commercial broadcasting or local digital media. In this consultative sales role you will make sales calls to decision makers at local businesses, meet with them to understand their marketing needs and develop proposals that offer marketing solutions to help them grow their businesses. This is a full life cycle sales position in that you will prospect, conduct needs assessments, create and present proposals, secure the sale, develop copy and service the account.
Key Qualities And Skills You Possess
- 5+ years of media sales experience - broadcast and digital is preferred
- Passion for public media! We are looking for a BIG fan that is knowledgeable about KCRW programming and events
- Ability to open doors and close new business by using a disciplined sales process
- Time and resource management skills
- Capacity to gather market data and use it to sell multiple platforms
- Technology skills: Online CRM, MS Excel and PowerPoint, Order and Billing system
(Marketron preferred), Nielsen
- Knack for cultivating in-person and virtual relationships built on trust and credibility. Patient yet
persistent to manage a longer sales cycle
- Thoughtful and persuasive verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Collaborative personality and reverence for communication with management and peers for
insight and feedback
- Positive attitude and thoughtful demeanor
- 4-year college degree; marketing, business, communications or related field
Market Enginuity Offers
- Market competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package designed to protect you and your family: medical, dental,
vision, tax-favored spending accounts, disability and life plans, employee assistance program
and retirement savings 401(k) plan
- Opportunities for rest, relaxation and personal pursuits with PTO and holidays
- Smart, creative, and collaborative colleagues
- Core values that include a commitment to the success of all stakeholders, a healthy work-life
balance and mutual trust, dignity and respect
- EOE M/F/D/V
-Marketing & Advertising
-Marketing & Sales
Interested? Click here to apply.