Public Media Account Executive
Market Enginuity is seeking an experienced, determined, and persuasive sales professional to join our public media sales team at KCRW in Santa Monica, CA. This is an exceptional opportunity for a mission-minded and innovative person to join our team and generate sponsorship revenue for a radio station that is highly regarded in the marketplace. Secure on-air Corporate Sponsorship for KCRW and for our various digital assets on KCRW.com. Make an impact while working with a team of smart, creative, collaborative colleagues.
At Market Enginuity We Do Work that Matters
Market Enginuity has the largest public media salesforce in the U.S. We are a unique organization that provides outsourced corporate sponsorship sales to public radio and television stations in 18 U.S. markets. Recognized as a leader in generating corporate sponsorship for public broadcasting stations, our 150+ employees are committed to helping our client stations better serve their communities while helping sponsors grow their businesses.
About our Client
KCRW creates and curates a unique mix of content centered around music discovery, NPR news, cultural exploration and informed public affairs. KCRW is driven by the spirit of Los Angeles and delivers in innovative ways -- on the radio, digitally and in person -- to diverse, curious communities around the corner and around the world. A community service of Santa Monica College, KCRW can be found on the air in Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Mojave, Palm Springs, and via five KCRW-developed smartphone apps and online at KCRW.com.
A Master of the Art of the Sale
In this outside sales position you will sell radio sponsorship messages and digital media, plus focus on developing new business while managing and growing an account list. An account executive in public media is similar to that of a salesperson in commercial broadcasting or local print media. In this consultative sales role you will make sales calls to decision makers at local businesses, meet with them to understand their marketing needs and develop proposals that offer marketing solutions to help them grow their businesses. This is a full life cycle sales position in that you will prospect, conduct needs assessments, create and present proposals, secure the sale, write copy and service the account.
Required / Preferred Skills
- 3+ years of media sales experience - broadcast and digital is preferred.
- Passion for public media! We are looking for a BIG fan that is knowledgeable about KCRW programming and events.
- Ability to open doors and close new business by using a disciplined sales process.
- Time and resource management skills.
- Capacity to gather market data and use it to sell multiple platforms.
- Computer skills: Salesforce, MS Excel and PowerPoint, Marketron, Nielsen.
- Knack for cultivating in-person and virtual relationships built on trust and credibility. Patient yet persistent to manage a longer sales cycle.
- Thoughtful and persuasive verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Collaborative personality and reverence for communication with management and peers for insight and feedback.
- Positive attitude and thoughtful demeanor.
- 4-year college degree; marketing, business, communications or related field.
Benefits You Can Count On
- Market-competitive compensation package.
- Comprehensive benefits package designed to protect you and your family including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability and life plans; employee assistance program, 401k retirement savings plan.
- Opportunities for rest, relaxation and personal pursuits via our generous PTO policy and holiday schedule.
- Targeted sales training and dedicated management support from a smart, creative and collaborative team.
- Core values that include a commitment to the success of all stakeholders, a healthy work- life balance and mutual trust, dignity and respect.
Interested? Click here to apply.