Sales and Operations Coordinator
Market Enginuity is looking for a SALES AND OPERATIONS COORDINATOR to support our team at KCRW in Santa Monica.
At Market Enginuity, we connect marketers with the Public Media audience to benefit stations, producers, sponsors and audiences.
Our affinity with public media began personally as viewers, listeners and donors to our hometown stations. For over 18 years we’ve increased our contributions, building the largest integrated media team in the country that specializes in traditional and digital corporate sponsorship sales for podcast producers and public radio and television stations. The passion is still personal, and carried by more than 135 people ingrained in the communities where we live and work. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, Market Enginuity attracts the best people who together create the standard of excellence for corporate support in public media in 17 markets.
We’re looking for a Sales and Operations Coordinator to:
- Support the Director of Sponsorship on all aspects of the job
- Assist Sponsorship Operations by providing excellent customer service to our sponsors
- Obtain and update KCRW audience data
- Review, edit and (re)-write copy that will suit client our client’s needs and ensure compliance with Federal Communications Commission (FCC) standards
Under the supervision and direction of the Director of Corporate Sponsorship, this position will provide excellent, dedicated administrative and logistical support for Sponsorship sales and operations.
Success Outcome #1: Create systems for growth and expansion that allow the Sponsorship team to reach their revenue and retention goals.
Sponsorship Operations Support
- Create, manage and pull reports from various activity and revenue tracking databases
- Manage internal processes required by Sponsorship Sales Operations.
- Provide support for department and cross-departmental projects
- Assist department with research for proposals/presentations
- Assist in submitting RFPs to Creative Services for custom presentation materials.
- Assist in tracking and processing incoming Sponsorship inquiries
- Provide excellent customer service to external clients. This includes handling client inquiries and troubleshooting when necessary
- Provide excellent customer service to internal clients including KCRW Traffic, Editorial, Digital, Programming, Promotion and Business Administration
- Handle other projects as assigned
- Responsible for obtaining and updating KCRW audience data (quantitative and qualitative) using a variety of sources including, but not limited to Nielsen, Tapscan, Google Analytics
- Analyze data for KCRW sales opportunities
- Responsible for sharing data/research, as well as managing and maintaining shared databases/drives for this data/research
- Responsible for managing and maintaining subscriptions/sources of data/research
Success Outcome #2: Enable our Account Executives to set more meetings, create more proposals, and generate more revenue for our station by providing key customer service for our Sponsors.
Sponsorship Sales Support
- Create and orchestrate a system to track client assets due, due dates, approvals and delivery.
- Secure Sponsor assets (on-air copy, digital assets)
- Assess whether or not assets are compliant with FCC guidelines and other guidelines/specifications set by KCRW
- Assist in spot copy writing and editing as needed so that spots comply with FCC copy guidelines and other guidelines/specifications set by KCRW
- Deliver approved assets to KCRW's On-Air and Digital Traffic Teams
- Fulfill requests for on-air and digital campaign reports
- Fulfill requests for mp3s, airchecks, invoices, billing statements
Key Qualities and Skills You Possess:
- Creative and imaginative, highly articulate and skilled in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy, self-motivated and well organized with an eye for detail, able to work well in a team, handle pressure and deliver on deadlines.
- Understand copy requirements and interpretations using internal guidelines and in-depth knowledge of Sponsorship/Underwriting FCC regulations.
- Significant experience using Marketron, Salesforce, Nielsen, Tapscan, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and the ability to learn other applications as/when needed
- Previous experience supporting multiple people
- Organized and Detailed– Systems and procedures are followed for success. Pays close attention to the finer and important information/data.
- Follow Up and Follow Through Skills - A need and ability to be thorough.
- Collaboration – Work effectively with many different people at various levels
- A can-do attitude of positivity
- Versatility – Able to meet many demands, and coordinate and manage multiple requests simultaneously
- Flexibility – Able to pivot from one task to another with aplomb
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to interpret and enforce policy guidelines (Broadcast, Sales, Digital, Traffic, Financial).
- Confidence, presence, passion for excellence, and enthusiasm for a challenge.
- Sensitive to detail and deadlines in a multi-tasking environment and proactive approach to work/tasks
- Independent judgment and coordination of projects/duties with only moderate direction
- Enthusiasm for team environment and people oriented