This recipe comes to us from Zoe Nathan, co-owner of Huckleberry Bakery and Cafe.
Keep reading for the recipe…
Peach Crostata Recipe
- 2 cups AP Flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ tsp salt
- 8 oz unsalted butter
- 6 tbl ice-cold water
1 whole egg and 1 egg white whipped together in a bowl
- In a large bowl (or kitchen-aid mixer set on low) combine flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- 5 peaches (ripe, yellow, sweet) sliced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
1. In a bowl mix all ingredients together
To make the Pie
- Roll dough out to an 11-inch diameter and make sure it’s roughly ¼ of an inch thick.
- Trim out 11” circle and discard leftover dough.
- Fan out fruit to 9” diameter.
- Brush egg wash on 2” remaining dough.
- Fold exposed dough over fruit. It should leave an open center to the crostata of about 6 to 7 inches.
- Egg wash the exterior dough
- Add a few small chunks of butter to center of crostata
- Sprinkle entire top with some extra granulated sugar
- Bake at 350 degrees until the crust is a flaky golden brown