Every week on the Good Food Blog we celebrate Meatless Monday by sharing a vegetarian recipe from our archives.
Mark Gold helms the kitchen at Eva. He first shared this recipe for Salsa Verde on June 28, 2008.
Keep reading for the full recipe…
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 Tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon chopped oregano
- 2 Tablespoon chopped mint
- 3 Tablespoon chive, minced
- 4 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
Place the minced shallots in a bowl with the champagne vinegar. Let steep for 1 hour. Combine all of the herbs along with the salt in a mortar and grind to a fine paste with a pestle. Add the herb paste to vegetables along with the olive oil and mix well.