Airstrikes by the US and other countries have not yet slowed advances by the so-called Islamic State–ISIS or ISIL. One place threatened by the brutal extremists is Kobane, a Kurdish town in Syria near the border with Turkey. We’ll hear reports and analysis of how the warfare is going.
The Islamic State Is Making Advances Despite Air Strikes
- Liz Sly - Washington Post - @lizsly
- Asli Aydintasbas - Milliyet - @asliaydintasbas
- Robin Wright - contributing writer at The New Yorker magazine, and a joint fellow at U.S. Institute of Peace and the Woodrow Wilson Center - @wrightr
- Borzou Daragahi - BuzzFeed News - @borzou
- Douglas Ollivant - New America Foundation - @DouglasOllivant