Two weeks ago, the Obama Administration directed that gender identity should be the deciding factor, rather than gender at birth. Thirteen states have already filed suit, accusing the government of a "massive social experiment" that threatens the safety of children. States that don’t accept the guidelines are facing boycotts by business and entertainers — and possible loss of federal money.
The Battle for Bathrooms
- Thomas Aberli - Atherton High School - @atherton-high
- Sheryl Gay Stolberg - New York Times Washington Correspondent who covers health policy - @SherylNYT
- Gail Heriot - University of San Diego / US Commission on Civil Rights - @GailHeriot
- Deshanna Neal - Mother of a transgender child - @transunitedfund
- Christy Mallory - Williams Institute - @WilliamsPolicy