An African-American rode to the White House yesterday on what pollsters call "a storm of voter dissatisfaction" and the promise of change. The challenge facing Barack Obama is to transform his iconic status into effective leadership on war, the economy, health care and global warming. We talk about how he mobilized a diverse coalition of blacks, Latinos and whites, including young people across ethnic lines. What's the reaction from those African-Americans who thought it would never happen? What's left of the Republican Party? Will fellow Democrats help or hinder the Obama Administration?
From Making History to Governing the White House
- Peter Baker - New York Times - @peterbakernyt
- Walter Shapiro - Roll Call / Yale University - @MrWalterShapiro
- Thomas Mann - Brookings Institution / University of California, Berkeley - @BrookingsGov
- Wayne Bennett - TheFieldNegro.com - @fieldnegro
- Debra Dickerson - essayist and author
- John Ridley - Screenwriter, Director and Novelist; "Let It Fall"
- Fernando Guerra - Loyola Marymount University - @LMU_CSLA
- Heather Smith - Executive Director, Rock the Vote