Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu is running for re-election — at the same time jumping with both feet into American politics. First, he agreed to address the President's nuclear talks with Iran before a joint session of Congress — without telling the White House. The Obama Administration now suspects him of leaking what it calls "misleading" details about the talks with Iran, creating more mistrust. Vice President Biden and other Democrats — including some Jews — will stay away from the speech. Will Israel gain or lose with the American public?
Mistrust between the US and Israel
- Ron Kampeas - Jewish Telegraphic Agency - @kampeas
- Joel Greenberg - freelance reporter
- Clifford D. May - Foundation for the Defense of Democracies - @CliffordDMay
- Adam Schiff - Democratic Congressman from Burbank, and chair of the House Intelligence Committee - @RepAdamSchiff
- Jeremy Ben-Ami - J Street - @JeremyBenAmi