Hillary Clinton calls Donald Trump "a divider, not a uniter." But it's Bernie Sanders who's dividing her own Party. Hoping to make peace, the Democrats have given him a big voice in the party platform…only to have him promise to make the process "messy." His appointees include a supporter of Palestinian rights and one of President Obama's harshest African-American critics. So, as the campaign heats up in California, the battle continues — despite Clinton supporters who warn that it's making life easier for Donald Trump.
Will Party Concessions Put Out "The Bern?"
- Anne Gearan - Washington Post - @agearan
- James Zogby - Arab-American Institute - @jjz1600
- Elaine Kamarck - senior fellow at the Brookings Institution; founding director of the Center for Effective Public Management - @EKamarck
- Jonathan Chait - political columnist for New York Magazine - @jonathanchait
- Matthew Karp - Princeton University / Jacobin magazine - @karpmj