John McCain and Barack Obama are the last official candidates in the presidential campaign. They're raising money today and talking about the economy. Hillary Clinton has "suspended" her effort and endorsed Obama, but nobody knows what role she'll play between now and November. We look at the challenges for Obama, a first-term Senator trying to define himself against a veteran of politics and the military. Would it help him if Clinton were on the ticket? Can the "veteran" McCain advocate change and avoid looking like old news?
Democrats Shift Focus to the General Election
- Liz Halloran - Senior Editor, US News and World Report
- John Dickerson - Slate / 'Face the Nation' - @jdickerson
- Allida Black - Virginia Leadership Council / Hillary for Virginia Leadership Council - @allidablack
- Carroll Doherty - Pew Research Center for the People and the Press - @CarrollDoherty
- Dana Milbank - Washington Post - @Milbank