A lot of Democrats who had reservations held their noses today as the State Senate passed Mayor Villaraigosa's proposal for partial takeover of LA schools. Next up is the Assembly, which is likely to go along, too. But that's just part of the madness that reigns in the last week of this legislative session with 500 bills to be acted on--some of them really important--between now and adjournment on Thursday. We'll look at how chaos becomes business as usual at the send of a legislative session and how bills passed by several committees are completely transformed and still get votes from legislators who've never read them.
- Brian Joseph - Capitol Correspondent, Orange County Register
- Frank Russo - Publisher, California Progress Report
- Dan Walters - Journalist, CalMatters - @DanCALmatters
- Dan Schnur - Professor of Politics and Communications,USC and former Republican strategist - @danschnur
- Raphael Sonenshein - California State University, Los Angeles - @SonensheinPBI