Architecture in the Shadow of Stalin
Listen to/Watch entire show:
The Los Angeles Philharmonic is revisiting the music of Stalin's Russia. We hear about Stalin's "Edifice Complex," and one American's experience as an architect working for the dictator. Plus, the Left Edge at New York's International Contemporary Furniture Fair, and art, architecture, and dance in Venice, California.
- Deyan Sudjic: Director of the Design Museum
- Susan Martin: arts publicist
- Marc Yeber: Principal for EM Collaborative Studio
- Michael Wollaeger: Editor-in-chief of Western Interiors
- David A. Keeps: design writer
- Michael Webb: architecture and design writer
- Heidi Duckler: Founder of Collage Dance Theatre
Click the Full Details link to view the complete transcript. Tapes are not available.
Engage & Discuss
BROUGHT TO YOU BY