Sidewalk DVD's; Protecting Ideas in Hollywood
Listen to/Watch entire show:
While Jack Sparrow and his crew were raking in buckets of dubloons at the box office, pirates of a different kind were plundering Hollywood's treasure chest. We look into the very big business of counterfeit DVD's and protecting your idea in Hollywood.
Images of the raids on illegal DVD-copying labs, courtesy of the MPAA.
- Pierce O'Donnell: Founder of O'Donnell & Associates
- Henry Cline: Veteran camera operator
- Mike Robinson: Director of Anti-Piracy Operations for the MPAA
- Patrick Corcoran: Director of Media and Research for the National Association of Theatre Owners
- Rick Ishitani: Detective with the LAPD's Anti-Piracy Unit
A CD copy of The Business is available by calling 1.888.600.5279. Transcripts are not available.<br />
Engage & Discuss
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: