This is the second installment in our series about Adrian Wagner, who at 25 is losing his eye sight, and who is in a race to try to locate his birth parents in time to qualify for upcoming clinical trials, which might cure his condition but require genetic testing of both parents. And that is just one of several challenges and questions facing Adrian, as he looks to the future and ponders the balance between humility and pride in his attitude towards his disease, while also diving deeper into his past. We recommend listening to this series in order. If you haven’t heard the first installment of Adrian’s Race, you can find it here where you can also find more pictures of Adrian.
Music featured in this episode:
- Aphex Twin - "Hy a Sculltas Lyf a Dhagrow"
- Freya Bennett - "Nostalgia"
- Darkside - "Metatron"
- Kevin MacLeod - "Trio for Pian & Viola"
- Aphex Twin - "Kladfvgbung Mishdchk"
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra - "Puzzles"
- "Liebestraum No. 3 Rever d'Amour (Love Dreams)"
- Nicolas Jaar - "Etre"
- Nicolas Jaar - "Don't Believe the Hype"
- Aphex Twin - "Avril 14th"
- Nicolas Jaar - "Russian Dolls"