Careers & Volunteers
KCRW 89.9FM, licensed to Santa Monica College, is National Public Radio's flagship station for Southern California. The Santa Monica-based nonprofit represents cutting edge radio at its best, presenting an eclectic mix of independent music, news, talk and arts programming.
Candidate will focus on increasing and retaining monthly members through the KCRW sustainer program. The person filling this role is responsible for engagement with current sustainers, managing a program for lapsed or uncollectable credit card payments, and data tracking and analytics. The best candidate for this position is a self-starter who is willing to take risks and strategize creatively. This person thrives in open-office, collaborative environments and is an energetic team player
Market Enginuity is seeking an experienced, determined, and persuasive sales professional to join our public media sales team at KCRW in Santa Monica, CA. This is an exceptional opportunity for a mission-minded and innovative person to join our team and generate sponsorship revenue for a radio station that is highly regarded in the marketplace. Secure on-air Corporate Sponsorship for KCRW and for our various digital assets on KCRW.com. Make an impact while working with a team of smart, creative, collaborative colleagues.
KCRW is seeking a part time, fill-in anchor to join our award-winning news and on-air team in Santa Monica. This anchor will substitute for regular hosts when time off is scheduled and as operational needs arise. We are seeking a warm, natural and authoritative on-air presence to assist with the execution of live broadcasts across days, including weekends, middays, and AM/PM drive time. This is a great part-time role that is dependent on a flexible and adaptive on air talent, and an opportunity to get to know KCRW. The ideal candidate must have an engaging on-air style, excellent news judgement, a thirst for accurate, timely news coverage, strong technical skills, meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, and the ability to write quickly and compellingly for audio. This position works closely with editors and producers. The Anchor must integrate network and KCRW content seamlessly, understanding Southern California and its important role in the national conversation.
KCRW is seeking fill-in, temp producers on All Things Considered and Morning Edition. This producer will substitute for our regular afternoon and morning producers when time off is scheduled and as operational needs arise. These positions are the backbone of a production team for local news coverage during NPR’s signature shows Morning Edition and All Things Considered. This is an excellent opportunity for you if you have some experience in breaking news, audio editing and on-air reporting, but want to take your newsroom skills to the next level, and have a flexible schedule.
If you have a little extra time and a love of KCRW, you can be a KCRW volunteer!
You can also volunteer on an ongoing basis and see behind the scenes at your favorite station. Send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org and a volunteer application will be sent to you automatically.
If you’re interested in becoming a weekly volunteer, send a blank email to email@example.com for an application.
- Be the force that keeps KCRW’s wheels turning.
- Accomplish community service in a forward thinking environment.
- See how public media operates - get the inside scoop!
- Jump into a wide variety of jobs, from helping in the music library to using social media.
From June to September, you will become KCRW's marketing arm to promote the station and foster community interaction. You will be on site at many of our free summer concerts and utilize social media, our blog, and other tools to expand the station’s reach. Learn to communicate effectively, build interpersonal skills, and develop projects based on your interest and aptitude. But most of all have a blast being part of the team!
To join our well-oiled, tactical outdoor marketing experience, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please submit applications by May 7th every year.*
- Experience unique music / news / arts / cultural events throughout Southern California.
- If you’re excited about KCRW, help us spread the word through community outreach.
- Gain experience and knowledge of public media marketing.
- Make lasting personal and professional connections!
Email SMCintern@kcrw.org for an application. Current SMC students only.
- Did you know there’s a major radio station on campus? Come check us out and meet the people of KCRW.
- What is public media? Come find out how we tick!
- Gain valuable real world experience.
- This is an unpaid internship lasting a full semester (for credit or no credit).
- Please submit your completed application one month before the start of the Spring or Fall Semesters
If you’re interested in becoming a weekly KCRW Santa Barbara news intern, send a blank email to email@example.com for an application.
- Learn to form a well focused story
- Practice writing for broadcast news
- Use audio equipment and editing software
- Hone career-building skills
If you’re interested in becoming a weekly volunteer, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
- Get real world marketing experience on the ground
- Work with and develop a dynamic group of friends and coworkers
- Learn what public media is about
- Utilize your expertise with marketing and social media