Temporary Social Media Coordinator
KCRW is seeking a temporary Social Media Coordinator to start in mid-April.
Reporting to the Social Media Manager, the Social Media Coordinator (25-30/hrs a week, 3-4 months) will write copy and help produce daily content for KCRW’s social channels. You will be able to distill the most sociable ideas from broadcast, podcast, events, culture and the KCRW organization for our online community conversations. An understanding of the right tone and best practices for FB, Twitter and Instagram is crucial. An understanding of KCRW’s programming and audience is essential as is the ability to communicate KCRW’s online voice clearly.
The Social Media Coordinator will work closely with Digital Content, Video, Programming, Communications and Analytics. Ideally you’re also a KCRW fan, who loves great programming and is excited about the opportunity to boost the independent voice of culture in Southern California.
What you bring:
- Love of everything social, including staying on top of trends, best practices and platform changes
- Great conversational copywriter with an understanding of the right mood for each channel’s audience, making sure KCRW is not just part of the conversation – but leading the conversation
- You have a sense of fun with a dash of spontaneity, as well as know the difference between serious and boring
- Timely and responsive, you efficiently bring the right content to the right audience
- Basic understanding of social media analytics
- Experience with social publishing (i.e. Hubspot), creating content, basic photo editing and design skills
- Minimum of 2 years of experience writing copy for FB, Twitter, Instagram content in culture-forward brand, agency or organization with strong social engagement
- Experience with covering live events on social is a plus
- You’re a great collaborator and communicator, but can also work independently
Still reading? Apply now!
Submit your resume and cover letter and 2 writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with Social Coordinator in the subject line. Also, please give us a sense of who you are by answering this bonus question: What’s your favorite social media handle and why? (it doesn't have to be KCRW)