KCRW is an award-winning multi-platform public radio station and NPR affiliate based in Southern California. Our mission is to inform, inspire and engage our diverse audiences through news, music, arts and culture. We honor excellence and integrity, nurture creative passions and amplify the diverse voices of Southern California communities. Our content features varied perspectives to promote a nuanced understanding of the world around us.Increase your engagement with KCRW
Through their generous support, KCRW Champions provide a lifeline of sustenance for KCRW and are an integral part of the KCRW family. KCRW Champions are advocates, standard-bearers, promoters, defenders and protectors of all things KCRW - including challenging us to be better. To reinforce this partnership with our most loyal supporters, KCRW Champions get insider access to exclusive KCRW events, live music, and programming throughout the year.
$1200 annually / Starting at $100 monthly (100% Tax Deductible)
- 6 Morning Becomes Eclectic sessions annually: live artist sets and interviews with KCRW DJs.
- Invitations for VIP areas at select Summer Nights events
- Invitations to behind-the-scenes tours of KCRW Media Center
- Invitation to the VIP Pie Social at the Annual Good Food Pie Contest
- Special Invitations to events and pre-sale opportunities, including Partner Screenings, The Moth, Museum tours, and special events at KCRW’s Annenberg Studio
- Invitations to KCRW Champion Happy Hours
- Invitation to KCRW Holiday party
- KCRW Swag and Fringe Benefits card
$5,000 - $9,999 / Starting at $417 monthly (100% Tax Deductible)
Producer includes all of the Amplifier benefits plus:
- Unlimited invitations to Morning Becomes Eclectic Sessions annually
- 4 invitations annually to Evening Music Sessions at Apogee Studios or KCRW HQ; intimate performances in a private recording studio—previous performers include Leon Bridges, Rhye, Patti Smith, Moby, and Courtney Barnett
- Exclusive Domestic Travel Opportunities with KCRW talent— destinations have included New York; Marfa, Texas; and Washington D.C.
- Invitations to KCRW’s exclusive Champion Salon Series—featuring KCRW talent in conversation with their favorite leading luminaries
- Invitation to KCRW’s After-hours an evening featuring KCRW DJ’s & cocktails
$10,000 - $14,999 / Starting at $834 monthly (100% Tax Deductible)
DJ includes all of the Producer benefits plus:
- 6 invitations to Evening Music Sessions at Apogee Studios or KCRW HQ annually
- Invitations to private music events at KCRW HQ
- Exclusive International Travel Opportunities with KCRW talent — destinations have included Rome, St. Petersburg, Mexico City, Berlin, Tokyo & Kyoto
- VIP access and special ticket offers to KCRW Events
- Priority RSVP access to all of KCRW’s exclusive Champion Salon Series
$15,000 - $24,999 / Starting at $1,250 monthly (100% Tax Deductible)
Host includes all of the DJ benefits plus:
- Priority RSVP access to all Evening Music Sessions at Apogee Studios or KCRW HQ
- Priority access to music events at KCRW’s Annenberg Performance Studio
- Opportunity to sit in on a recording session at KCRW HQ
- Invitation to annual President’s Dinner with KCRW President Jennifer Ferro
- Invitation to special Chef’s Table with KCRW’s Host of Good Food Evan Kleiman
$25,000 to $49,999 (100% Tax Deductible)
Luminary includes all of the Host benefits plus:
- Guaranteed front row at Evening Music Sessions at Apogee Studios or KCRW HQ
- Invitation to KCRW’s World Festival at the Hollywood Bowl
- Invitation to lunch with KCRW President Jennifer Ferro
- Invitation to record a personal testimonial in support of KCRW for on-air use
- Advanced reserved seating at KCRW and partner programs
$50,000+ (100% Tax Deductible)
President includes all of the Luminary benefits plus:
- Invitation to Terrace Box with dinner and KCRW Talent at KCRW’s World Festival at the Hollywood Bowl
- Complimentary KCRW DJ performance for one private event per year
- Invitations to KCRW partner concerts
- Complimentary KCRW Domestic Travel for two annually—includes KCRW tour fees and does not include hotel or airfare*
- Opportunity for a private lunch with KCRW talent
- Opportunity for monthly on-air recognition
Throughout the year, KCRW Champions are invited to participate in a robust array of programming, spanning all topics and SoCal geographies. Including Morning Becomes Eclectic live performances and Apogee Sessions, Champion Salons, Chef's Table, film screenings, happy hours, domestic and international travel.
Within the last year, KCRW Champions have enjoyed virtual engagement opportunities, including: art and craft hours, artist studio visits with KCRW Art Insider, Lindsay Preston Zappas, Evenings with the Bumby’s, Virtual Cooking Classes with KCRW’s Host of Good Food, Evan Kleiman, Friday Nights in LA with Host of Greater LA, Steve Chiotakis, Meditation & Wellbeing classes, and so much more.
Meet the Team
Jeremy Weinstein, Head of Development
Jeremy is Head of Development for KCRW, a National Public Radio station member. He is responsible for leading all of the fundraising efforts and crafting the organizations annual and capital campaign strategies. Before coming to KCRW, he was the Principal Consultant for a boutique Nonprofit Consulting firm. He graduated from Lafayette College and received a master's in Nonprofit Management from New School University. Prior to developing his own consulting practice he worked for the Fund for Public Schools at the New York City Department of Education under the Bloomberg Administration. Jeremy is an accomplished development professional with more than 20 years of experience in large grant and major gift solicitation, donor and institutional stewardship, and board advancement for nonprofit organizations. To date he has successfully secured and managed more than $160 million in private and government funding. Jeremy's executive level development experience is grounded in finely focused strategic planning for and implementation of requests for philanthropic support and donor cultivation. Through his professional and personal community involvement activities in Los Angeles, New York City and nationwide, he has built strong relationships in public and private sectors.
Ani Ohanessian, Manager of Donor Relations
Ani Ohanessian is the Manager of Donor Relations at KCRW. She is responsible for overseeing KCRW Champions, the organization’s major giving group. With Champions, Ani works to cultivate relationships with new and existing major supporters. Prior to joining KCRW, Ani served as the Manager of Annual Giving at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, where she worked with the highest patron groups generating over $2 million in unrestricted revenue annually. Ani earned her BA in Art History and Education Studies from UCLA and her MA from USC's Roski School of Art and Design with a degree in Contemporary Curating and Art in the Public Sphere. In her free time, Ani likes to visit local art galleries and museums, and enjoys baking.
Austin Frank, Manager of Institutional Giving
Austin earned his Master of Public Administration degree from USC’s Price School of Public Policy in 2019. After starting with the KCRW team as an intern in 2018, he served for more than two years as Institutional Giving Associate. In his new role as Institutional Giving Manager, Austin creates grant proposals, reports to funders, stewards many of KCRW’s grant-funded initiatives and strategizes how to engage with our institutional funders. When he’s not at KCRW, Austin is busy DMing weekly games of Dungeons & Dragons, exploring new music, and spending time with his dog, Ari.
Anna Chang, Individual Giving Associate
Anna Chang is a creative leader and cross-functional collaborator with experience in development, communications, and equitable arts advocacy. Anna received a Bachelor of Arts in World Arts and Cultures, Urban Studies, and Arabic from the University of California Los Angeles, after which she began working as the Project Manager for an art and social justice based non-profit in Los Angeles, Heidi Duckler Dance (HDD). Anna became HDD’s Communications Director where she was responsible for developing programming and effectively conveying artistic visions to funders, collaborators, audience members, and diverse communities across Los Angeles.
Prior to her time at HDD, Anna was the year-long marketing intern at Sofar Sounds, a music events company, where she actualized her love for working with artists and putting on live events. Anna has extensive experience in advocacy and community engagement, having worked at a variety of non-profit organizations in LA, the Bay Area, and London. Anna is passionate about the intersection of music, social justice, and urbanism, and could not be more thrilled to be a part of the innovative Development team at KCRW. In her free time, Anna enjoys vibing out to Morning Becomes Eclectic in her Subaru, cooking + trying new food spots, and going on adventures.
Michelle Pantoja, Institutional Giving Associate
Michelle is an enthusiastic problem-solver with a heart for helping others. Michelle received a Bachelor of Arts in Global Studies and Professional Writing from the University of California, Santa Barbara. During her time there, Michelle was a Grant Writing Assistant for UCSB's Student Affairs office, where she collaborated with various campus departments and communities, such as low-income students of color and undocumented students, to gain necessary program funding.
Most recently, Michelle worked with People of Color Productions as a Special Gifts Coordinator. In this role, she acquired funding for a film that celebrates the lives and identities of Queer/Trans People of Color and gender nonconforming people. Though her past work is diverse, Michelle's passions lie at the intersection of writing, education, and representation, so joining the KCRW Development team has been a dream come true as it is the perfect mix of all her interests. In her free time, Michelle enjoys having picnics with friends and family and completing crossword puzzles.
To learn more, have questions, or need any assistance please feel free to reach out to Ani Ohanessian, Manager of Donor Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (424) 538-8879, or Anna Chang, Individual Giving Associate at email@example.com or (424) 538.8836 .We thank you for your interest and support of KCRW. Contact us If you are interested in learning more about ways to give to KCRW.Contact