This week, she couldn’t contain her excitement about the weather. On Tuesday, downtown Santa Barbara embraced over a half inch of rain. It was nowhere near enough to stock Lake Cachuma or end the drought, but it was cause for celebration among water-deprived farmers.
- Robert “BD” Dautch from Earthtrine Farms: “I am under-dressed and overexcited!”
- Allison Hensley from Roots Organic Farm: “Let’s just keep blaming things on the rain, and it’ll keep coming in and washing everything away.”
- Tom Shepherd from Shepherd Farms: “I think we should have huge bladders buried in the sand at the beach that all this excess water goes into.”
- Kim from Hilltop and Canyon Farm: “We are dancing under the avocado trees in the mud, giving so much thanks!”
- Jesus “Chuy” Mendez from Chuy Berry Farm: “Black Lake Creek collects the water, and when I need it I use my pump for the berries.”
- John Bowdish from Yankee Farm: “Today, my lettuce grew about three inches!”
To check out all our past farmers’ market guests, click here.