Free movie musicals begin playing this weekend, under the stars at the Santa Barbara Courthouse’s sunken garden. This is the 6th year UCSB Arts and Lectures has collaborated with the Santa Barbara County Arts Commission to present the movie series. Roman Baratiak programs the event, and stopped by KCRW’s studio to give us this season’s rundown.
Here are some of Roman’s tips:
- Come early and save your spot. Many people get there as early as 10am.
- Bring blankets and low-back chairs, but not plastic tarps.
- Make it a picnic! Glass is allowed, just pick up after yourself.
- Invite friends, family, and leashed, well-behaved dogs.
- Wear a costume to The Wizard of Oz. The audience will vote and the winner will get tickets to a UCSB Arts and Lectures performance.
- Ask for hearing assistance, if needed. You can borrow an assisted listening device up at the front.
If you live closer to Goleta and Isla Vista or prefer your movies indoors, they’ll play on Wednesdays at 7:30pm, at UCSB’s Isla Vista Theater.