Sound in Focus – FAQ and More Information - 2016
* When and where are the events?
* What does the evening feature?
* Who is performing and at what time?
* How do I attend?
* Information on ADA?
* Instructions on first come first served
* How will I hear if the concert is at capacity?
* Will there be food & drink available for purchase?
* Is there an ATM nearby?
* Can I add to my RSVP?
* Lost and found?
* Where can I pick up my items surrendered to security at search points?
* Rules and policies?
When and where are the events?
Saturday, July 9
Saturday, July 16
Saturday, July 23
Doors open and music begins at 5pm. Pay a visit to the Annenberg Space for Photography and Skylight Studios, which will open at 5pm for concert-goers.
Annenberg Space for Photography in Century Park
2000 Avenue of the Stars
Century City, CA
What does the evening feature?
KCRW returns to Century City this summer for FREE all-ages outdoor concerts in Century Park, held in conjunction with the Annenberg Space for Photography's latest exhibition, REFUGEE.
Bring your friends and join us for three fantastic evenings of music and photography under the stars. We will have food trucks, on site restaurants, beer gardens, late night Annenberg Space for Photography and Skylight Studios hours, and much more!
Who is performing and at what time?
**Set times will be released closer to the show dates.
Line up begins at 3pm. Doors are at 5pm. Concert ends at 10pm, parking garage closes at 12am.
How do I attend?
RSVP for up to 2 people at kcrw.com/soundinfocus
**Please note RSVPing does not guarantee entry, all admittance is first-come, first-served until we reach capacity, so please arrive early!
Information on ADA?
Email email@example.com for instructions on easy check-in and ADA seating.
Instructions on first-come, first-served:
RSVP DOES NOT GUARANTEE ENTRY, which will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis until we hit capacity. One wristband per person will be distributed at check-in, and there are no INS and OUTS. Doors open at 5pm and we suggest that you arrive early. Note: No assembly allowed before 3pm.
How will I hear if the concert is at capacity?
Be sure to listen to KCRW (89.9) and follow KCRW on TWITTER for real time updates on capacity the day of the show. We will also alert people via email when the show hits capacity.
Additionally, look for an email from KCRW on the Wednesday before the show. It will be full of information to help your concert experience go smoothly.
Will there be food and drink available for purchase?
There will be food and refreshments available for purchase from a wide variety of cafes and food trucks that can be enjoyed on the grassy lawn and beer gardens for those 21 and over.
You are also welcome to bring your own food and blankets. But please note:
- No outside liquids are allowed except sealed water bottles
- No glass containers
- Plastic utensils ONLY
This will help facilitate a faster security check-in.
Is there an ATM nearby?
There is an ATM located in the CoAmerica bank at 2000 Avenue of the Stars. There is also a City National Bank and a Bank of America across the street from the park on Century Park East.
Can I add to my RSVP?
You will have to RSVP again at kcrw.com/soundinfocus
Lost and found?
Please visit the security desk in the North Tower for any lost items. Additionally, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding lost and found items at Sound in Focus.
Where can I pick up my items surrendered to security at search points?
Please visit the security desk in the North Tower to pick up any items that were surrendered to security. Additionally, you can email email@example.com with any questions regarding surrendered items at Sound in Focus.
Rules and policies?
Line-up is subject to change
Note: All attendees and personal items will be screened before entering Century Park. All bags and purses will be inspected and the process of admission will include the use of metal detectors. Please travel light for faster check-in.
- Weapons of any kind
- Illegal substances (including narcotics) or drug paraphernalia
- Medical or recreational use marijuana
- Aerosol cans or sprays
- Chairs of any kind
- Glass containers
- Outside beverages except plastic sealed water bottles
- Fireworks, sparklers, or incendiary devices
- Chinese Lanterns
- Tents or canopies of any kind
- Video recording equipment
- Professional still camera equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, large zoom lenses, and/or commercial-use camera assemblies)
- Tripods, Monopods, and Selfie-sticks
- Audio recording equipment
- Flags and/or flagpoles
- Soccer balls, footballs, Frisbees, or other projectiles
- Focused-light devices, including laser pointers
- Items intended for sale/promotion
- Water guns, water balloons, and/or any other kind of water projectile
- Pets (except service animals with a current rabies certification)
- Any item that can be used as a means to disturb the peace, endanger the safety of the crowd, and/or inflict damage to people and goods
Entry Conditions for Guests
The following additional conditions are for guests entering the Event Site:
- All guests and their belongings are subject to search.
- Any prohibited item that is surrendered to security at search points can be picked up after the event at the security desk in the North Tower
- Allowed and Prohibited lists are subject to change.
- The Event and private security personnel at the entrances reserve the right to make the final determination on allowed and not allowed items.