On the Guest DJ Project, we’ve hosted more than 20 of the best in the business and, without fail, they’ve all impressed me with their passion for music.
It clearly plays a huge role in what they do – whether it’s keeping them company in the kitchen while they work their magic, or setting the mood for the consumption of their culinary masterpieces.
It’s a soundtrack worthy of your attention –in or out of the kitchen – as chosen by famed Bay Area chef Alice Waters, a master of modern Mexican cuisine Rick Bayless, Top Chef host Padma Lakshmi, LA standout chef and Travel Channel show host Michael Voltaggio, food writer Gail Simmons, and NY-based Iron Chef Alex Guarnaschelli.
Guest DJ Project: Chefs Edition – Track List
1. Alice Waters: Youssou N’Dour — “Tan Bi”
2. Rick Bayless: Buena Vista Social Club – Marieta
3. Padma Lakshmi: Led Zeppelin – “Ramble On”
4. Michael Voltaggio: Beatles – “Let it Be”
5. Alex Guarnaschelli: Prince – “Starfish and Coffee”
6. Gail Simmons: Shout Out Louds – “Walking in Your Footsteps”