Unless you’ve been too busy ripping holes in your jeans for the “Rock of Ages” opening, you probably heard about the president’s big announcement on immigration, essentially promising not to deport young people who are undocumented. You can read all
about that here. And here are five other stories you may have missed this week from Iraq to Texas to Carly Rae Jepsen. [
View the story “Politics Friday (6/15/12): 5 stories you may have missed this week” on Storify]
Even if you’ve been busy ripping your jeans for the "Rock of Ages" opening, you probably heard about the president’s big announcement on immigration. So here are five other stories you may not have missed this week.
Storified by Which Way, LA? · Fri, Jun 15 2012 18:00:42
1. The president nominated Brett McGurk to be ambassador to Iraq. But now his nomination is in jeopardy due to scandalous emails between him and his now wife while the two had a romance in Baghdad where he worked for the US government and she was a reporter.
RT @YellinCNN: Gina Chon, Mrs. Brett McGurk, emails friends "I feel like I have become collateral damage in this process." 1 of 2CNN Natl Security
2. How many times have Obama supporters received emails talking about Sarah Jessica Parker? Maybe 8?
Sarah Jessica has a message for youBarack is so grateful to everyone who’s got his back out there he’d sit down with each of you and thank you personally if he could. So I …
3. Gail Collins talked Texas, Texas-pride and GOP politics with Warren Olney.
KCRW: Gail Collins in Conversation with Warren Olney by KCRWGail Collins is a regular columnist for the New York Times. She often writes about politics-and she never lets us forget that Mitt Romney…
4. Jamie Dimon wore presidential seal cuff links to a Senate hearing!
SEAL OF APPROVALJP Morgan boss flashes presidential bling at Senate hearing
… Twitter responded.
Obama is wearing JP Morgan cuff links.Max Keiser
5. So, so, so sorry for posting this video of Colin Powell singing “Call Me Maybe” with Gayle King. Sorry.
Colin Powell and Gayle King Sing ‘Call Me Maybe’madbadhadsad