While you were lining up to try to get your hands on some Facebook stock, Francois Hollande’s plane was struck by lightning. That and other stories you may have missed this week.
View the story “Politics Friday (5/18): 5 stories you may have missed this week” on Storify]
While you were lining up to buy Facebook stock, the president of France was avoiding a lightning strike. That and other stories you may have missed this week.
Storified by Which Way, LA? · Fri, May 18 2012 17:36:15
1. First France’s new president, Francois Hollande survived a lightning strike
#France president Francois #Hollande’s plane struck by lightning | Video http://reut.rs/K8EJKdReuters Video
2. Then he was shoved by German Chancellor Angela Merkel for messing up protocol…
Hollande et le protocolemaroc36tv
3. Reporters got testy after being kept away from Romney’s rope line. Were his aids protecting him from himself?
Biased Media’s Rope Line Hypocrisy " Commentary MagazineReporters from the national press covering the Mitt Romney campaign kicked up a ruckus on Wednesday when the Republican’s staff attempted…
4. Arizona’s Sec.of State says Obama may not get on the ballot because
the president wasn’t actually born here. it’s Arizona..
Arizona Goes Birther: Secretary Of State Says It’s ‘Possible’ Obama Won’t Be On BallotThe man in charge of running Arizona’s elections has gone to the birthers. Secretary of State Ken Bennett now says he’s not convinced Bar…
5. John McCain and others want SCOTUS to revisit Citizens United.
Senators Urge Supreme Court to Uphold Law Banning Corporate Donations : Roll Call PoliticsCampaign finance reform advocates pushing the Supreme Court to revisit its 2010 Citizens United ruling to deregulate political spending g…
Bonus! Our own Warren Olney talked to Elizabeth Warren about big bad banks.
KCRW: Elizabeth Warren on JP Morgan Chase by KCRWElizabeth Warren, Democratic candidate for the US Senate in Massachusetts talks to Warren Olney on today’s To the Point about the need fo…