After five years of combat in Iraq, how much progress can the US military report? Some insist this year's troop surge is working, but are we any closer to political stability and security in Iraq? With polls showing a declining public awareness of what's happening in Iraq, will it be a decisive issue in the presidential election?
At Five Years in, Where Do We Stand in Iraq?
- Richard Oppel - New York Times
- Julian Barnes - Wall Street Journal - @julianbarnes
- Andrew Kohut - Pew Research Center - @pewresearch
- Michael O'Hanlon - Brookings Institution - @MichaelEOHanlon
- Steven Simon - Visiting professor at Colby College. Former US National Security Council and senior director for counterterrorism and for the Middle East and North Africa